Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Sleeves were a Hit

First thing first, the coffee sleeves were a hit at work.  This is my coworker loving her Starbuck's cup now that she is not burning her hand.  I was a little nervous that they would not really block out the heat, but they did!  People saw them and now I am getting orders for the Christmas season.  I have been thinking about different patterns that I can make and have three different versions in my head.

I have been working on a hand embroidery project the last few days.  The mother of another coworker of mine makes these adorable quilts for friends and family of hers that are having a baby.  She does all the piecing and appliqué by hand but needed someone to do the embroidery on it.  Luckily, I was taught how to do a bit of embroidery a few years ago.  When I was initially asked to do the embroidery for the project, I thought it would incorporate my machine, but, alas it didn't.  I can't get over how cute these blankets are.  They come from vintage patterns that used to belong to my friend's grandma.  I have seen a few of the different patterns completed (sheep, dog, cat, elephant) and they kill me with cuteness every time.







One last thing, this is what I came home to at lunch today.  This is Simon enjoying the crocheted throw I completed last winter.  I used the Katherine's Wheel stitch in 5 colors.  It was the first throw that I completed and I was very happy with the outcome.  The stitch is a yarn eater but it makes for a very heavy and warm throw.  Perfect for the chilly winter mornings.  I'm glad that someone can enjoy it when it's still a brisk 85 degrees outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment