Monday, October 21, 2013

Busy Weekend



Well, you can see we had a busy weekend.  Ben made a quilted pillow and I was busy learning our new embroidery software and making coffee sleeves.

It was Ben's grandma's birthday, so we left to Redondo Beach early Saturday morning.  On the way down we had to make a stop to meet our friend Trudy who works at The Quilter's Studio.  I call her my "Quilting Fairy Godmother," she is wonderful. We got to see some of her projects and award winning quilts. She is such a talent.  If you can make it to The Quilter's Studio, make sure you tell her Hi.

After leaving her, we had to pick up our Jumbo Hoop for our Embroidery Unit.  I haven't used it yet but I am very excited to.  I am planning on trying it out today.

Finally, we headed down to Redondo Beach to celebrate Ben's grandma's birthday. It was nice to hang out with the family in nice weather. 

On our way home we stopped by a local quilting shop in Redondo Beach, AAA Sewing and bought some Halloween fabric (seen on the pillow and coffee sleeve) and I bought a pattern for a lunch bag.  We finally got home and started on our new projects.  Ben started in on the pillow and I started on coffee sleeves.

Starbucks sells a reusable cup for a dollar but it gets very hot if you don't have a sleeve, so I decided to make one.  I told a friend at work I would make her one too, so I found a pattern by Crafty Stacy and made a few. They turned out really cute and got me thinking of other designs that I can make for the seasons.

Today, after work, I stopped by Strawberry Patches to check out their Halloween Fabric.  We wanted an orange fabric with black polka-dots to complement the black with orange polka-dots on the other pillow.  I also tinkered around in the V6 software and am now stitching out another spooky house to try out the multiple hoop design needed to work on our machine.  We will have pictures of that as soon as it is completed.

A Special THANK YOU to Trudy for the wonderful embroidery and inspiration!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment