Sunday, January 17, 2016

New Year, New Projects

Hey All,

Hope you had a wonderful holiday and a very Happy New Year.  We were so busy in December.  We had a Holiday Party, made tamales, we traveled down to Sacramento for Christmas, I made three dresses for gifts and we still had to get our work done.  Life is still going strong and we are looking forward to where this New Year will take us.

Some pictures from our trip down South (after the snow), Duchess and Pixley chilling on the couch.











Ben's friend Shannon at work came over and we made tamales.  It was my first time making them by myself.  I was nervous but everything came out delicious.  I made everything from scratch and my grandma was definitely watching over me.  We had such a good time during the process, so I'm sure it will become a tradition in our home. Cheese for Ben and I and pork for Shannon.                            





Here are a few pictures of the dresses that went out for Christmas.  They are both patterns from Figgy's.  Her construction makes everything look so polished and professional.  The red dress is her Scirocco pattern.  We have made this pattern a few times and continue to love it.

The twin dresses are the Sunki dress.  They were made for two cousins that are best friends.  I used some Tula Pink fabric and think they are so fun with all of the color and the cute butterflies.  You can't really tell from the picture, but the center of the front is an hourglass shape with cutouts on the side.  In some of the versions that I have made, these were contrast fabric but I wanted to see how good I was at lining thing up and after I finished these, I gave myself a huge pat on the back.


There is still so much to share but I will leave it at this for now.  Wishing everyone a wonderful year. Best wishes to you all.

Adam & Ben

One last picture of my deer friends who visit every week or two.



No comments:

Post a Comment