Friday, November 22, 2013

It's a Jolly Holiday at SSG




As you can see, the holidays are in full swing here at SSG and it's hard to get a second to sit down and have a chance to put our projects onto paper.  We spent this past weekend getting ready for the
holidays by putting our two Christmas trees up.  I know some of you are thinking that it is too early for a Christmas tree, but if they didn't go up then, it would never happen.  We host the holidays for our families so this next weekend will be spent shopping for Thanksgiving and getting the house ready.  We have to move furniture to bring in tables for the horde coming Thanksgiving day.  I think this year's head count is around 28 people but we wouldn't have it any other way.  Both sides of the family attend and it is a night full of food and laughter.  It takes a lot of time but we love to do it.  It is one of my favorite times of the year because we are all together and just have a wonderful time.  I will be sure to post some pictures of the "Event."

I also spent some time this weekend designing our Christmas card using our V6 software.  I got the design done and stitched out a demo.  After looking at it, I decided it should be in color.  I stopped by Strawberry Patches yesterday after work to get some thread and fabric to do the final stitch out.  I am very excited to see the final project and think it is going to look GREAT!  

I've also spent some time thinking about the Christmas coffee sleeves and how I can get them to stitch out perfectly.  I have some ideas, now it is just about getting them into the V6 software and running some practice stitch outs.  I have some grand ideas for these and hope they will come out as good as they look in my head.

Ben has been busy working on his king size quilt.  He has finished the top, now it's just making the quilt sandwich, quilting it and binding it.  I hope he has a bit of time this weekend to get some more of it done.  I am so proud of him because this quilt is going to be beautiful.


I have been busy trying to get some runners completed.  I realized we have a lot of Christmas decor and would like to kick it up a notch or two.  Santa has officially taken over our home and I'm sure he would love to have something beautiful to rest upon.  I hope I have these done in the next few days, so keep your eyes open.

I also received a pattern book (Sewing Modkid Style by Patty Young) I ordered from Modkids designs this week.  I was so excited because it has some wonderful patterns that all use knits.  I can't wait to try my skills at knits and make some cute clothes for my nieces.  Knits can be tough to use, but I think with some practice, my girls will be the best looking girls in school.

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment